Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our week

What? Today's only Thursday? What's up with this week draggin by? Usually there is so much going on around here I feel like I'm living life in fast forward.

If you mop it, they will spill.

Ha ha, let me be honest, the truth is I only mop a few times a month, once a week at best, and my kids, Olivia in particular, spill their drinks and food way more than that. I've actually mopped twice this week- Olivia had a day when she spilled her hot cocoa, water, yogurt drink, and lemonade. I broke with the lemonade- that stuff is just too sticky and it splatters everyewhere. And today we had too many mud tracks from the back door to ignore anymore.


Don't these projects look so nice? Well, there was boat-loads (I couldn't help myself!) of drama involved in making these simple boats. We started a study of Japan today, and one of the things we talked about was origami so I decided we would try a simple origami boat. It is so simple I'm amazed its considered a boat, but anyways Austin, Nyah, and I folded our boats, and out of nowhere Nyah declares hers is horrible (it looks just like the others), tosses it on the floor and starts having a major tantrum over it- crying, pouting, slamming her arms on the table, the works!! I'm totally at a loss, but she recovers after a minute, declares she's going to make a fish kite (no idea where that idea came from but its cool with me). She draws/colors a fish on a paper, cuts it out, declares its horrible, crumples it, throws it on the floor, and we're back to tantrum. Olivia sees Nyah do this, grabs the origami boat on the floor, crumples it, rips it up, and throws it away. Nyah perks up long enough to ask where her boat it, I tell her, and she's back into the tantrum. So I send Nyah to her room to cool down. Austin is happily making more origami boats when 10 minutes later I see he has his head in his arms and he's crying, because he can't get one fold right. Deep breath and try not to be a jerk. I help him with his fold. Nyah comes out, and declares she is going to make a raft from sticks. Yeah, because that's so much simpler than the origami boat. So I have her do it on the kitchen counter where I can watch and help before she launches into another tantrum. Thankfully she is pleased with the results and doesn't try it out in water, because I'm pretty sure it would sink. This is ONE hour of our day.

Yeah, I rescued the fish, cause look at it- its a darn good looking fish. I don't know what she was talking about.

Enough drama, on to the cuties:

This is how Jolie tells me she wants me to pick her up. She chases Dade off his bed at least a dozen times a day.
Yummy, fiber.

Seriously, Jolie is obsessed with Dade.From our walk the other day: Always wonderful to see Nyah's beautiful smile.
How Erkel is this guy? All he needs to do is pull his pants up to his chin.
The lovely Olivia-

Morning hair-


I don't want to cut her hair. I prefer for it all to grow out and keep it out of her eyes with a barrette or ponytail, but Olivia pulls all of these things out of her hair, and then complains when her hair pokes her in the eye. Just like a kid. The last few days I have been waging the battle- I've been doing her hair repeatedly each day in the hopes that she would get tired of pulling the hair things out, but iI don't know why I would think such a ridiculous thing. So, I've lost, or given up. I'm going to cut her some bangs and win the war!!!

No comments: