Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference

What a wonderful, uplifting General Conference!! Our weekend actually went pretty smoothly. I had planned ahead with activities and treats for the kids so they paid TONS more attention than they have in the past. I found conference activity books at these sites: The Idea Door, Sugardoodle, and Deseret Book. They included games like mazes, fill-in-the-blank, bingo, etc. The kids spent one ENTIRE conference session listening for a list of words to check off, which totally amazed me. During the first session, in the talk about virtue, Austin rattled off the 13th article of faith which we are memorizing this month, ". . . if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."



My cheesy helper while making the chex mix- helping me eat!! I didn't end up making the recipe I linked to in my last post (Does anyone really eat wheat chex?), but I did use the seasoning from that recipe. As always, I wish I had just used the cereal, its everyone's favorite part, and now I have a dish full of pretzels and peanuts no one is very enthusiatic about eating.

M&M Bingo- The kids favorite game! They didn't really play the traditional bingo game. They would put as many m&m's on a square as they heard the word said, so words like "church" and Jesus Christ" were quickly overflowing with m&m's. I wish I had printed off a bingo card for myself.


Hello? Jolie's on the phone!!

Waking up happy with blanked and teddy.

I hope you all had a good weekend too!

2 comments:

Keshia said...

My institute teacher gave everyone a paper with pictures of the presidency and 12 with a blank tie next to each one. And when they each spoke you're supposed to color in the tie so it matches the one they're wearing. I thought it was a cool idea!

Kelsey said...

I liked that idea too! But I found it after I had already printed other stuff off so we'll do it next time.