Monday, May 24, 2010

Lamb & Wool Festival, Olivia Update

Kurt was out of town over the weekend and by Saturday I was a little stir-crazy so I made the crazy decision to take the kids to the Lamb & Wool Festival at Thanksgiving Point's Farm Country. I also forgot to load a stroller so I spent most of the time trying to chase 4 kids in 4 different directions through the crowds. In spite of all that we had a fun time. I didn't have my hands free very often, but still managed to take a few pictures.
Checking out the freshly shorn sheep.
Feeling the cut wool.
Pony ride
Watching the sheep dogs herding sheep, well, at least Austin was. :)
My kids favorite place at the Farm is the soil room. The cards have different fruits or vegetables pictured on them. They "grow" in these tires or hanging from a peg on trees and then the kids "harvest" them and take them to market.
There are also a couple interactive bug panels that they really like.
And what toddler can resist a tractor?

In my last post about Olivia I mentioned the eye doctor wanted to postpone chemo and do more testing in a month. Well, the next day the NF1 specialist called and said he wasn't sure that was the best plan, but he and the other doctors involved were going to the have a Tumor Board and would discuss Olivia's case and get back to us. I wanted to be able to post an update with their recommendation today but I'm still waiting to hear from someone. Will post when I do :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Kelsey, Nate is certifying for some emotional healing stuff and needs patients, it won't hurt at all and we think maybe we could help Olivia ... if you are interested give Nate a call. 801-608-5172

Kelsey said...

Kristen - Thanks for being concerned about Olivia. We already have her taking a couple natural supplements so we aren't interested in giving her anything else. But if you want to email me the website or other imformation I would be happy to take a look at it. Just send it to my gmail address.

Thanks again, Kelsey