Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Never fear faithful readers, I'm still alive!
Naptimes, which are always crammed full of everything I want to do without little ones under foot, are being used to work in the yard.

This week I am planting my garden:Kurt was sweet enough to run the tiller for me even though he has been sick again!

This past weekend we had a fabulous time with my mom and sister visiting!
We took them on a walk to see our neighborhood owls. On this day there were 3 in the tree.
Everyone was excited, and even Olivia found them in the tree and would point and say"owl."
While we were watching the 3 sitting in the tree, a 4th owl flew up to a tree close by. He's hard to find in the picture, but hopefully you can click on it to make it bigger. I've noticed sometimes that this doesn't work. The 4th owl flew off after a few minutes.
We decided to call in reinforcements, someone with a better camera. After dropping the kids, Grandma and Keshia off at the park, Kurt and I headed back to the tree.
We ventured closer to the tree. here is a shot of the owls and you can see the nest as well.
Gorgeous, beautiful view
Here are a couple of Kurt's pictures-
Today the kids are busy in the sandbox with a neighborhood friend. I just checked on them and they had the hose on and the backyard looks like we've had a flood. Oy, kids.

2 comments:

Katie Fox said...

oh my goodness, that owl tree is so cool. My kids would freak out seeing that. How fun.

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun for me--the owls were great, but most importantly spending time with you and Kurt and the grandkiddies. They are so awesome--it's always my favorite part of each visit. Even if you take my bias out of it, you have really great kids who are simply good through and through. Definitely wonderful. love ya, Mom