Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tuesdays are CRAZY days!!!

Yesterday was probably our most hectic Tuesday in a long time! We bypassed chores & household responsibilities to get to the store first thing in the morning. If we didn't go then, we wouldn't get a chance for the rest of the day. (And it was NECESSARY to get some yogurt for Jolie and I-- we have thrush which is the biggest anti-nursing thing in the world, and regardless of whatever doctors and "experts" prescribe, say, or claim, yogurt and the accompanying live cultures are the best way to get rid of it. I had gotten lazy about eating it because I don't really like it, but this is certainly a very painful reminder of why I want to it eat every day- too much info I'm sure.)

Then we spent the rest of the morning reading a book (Changes for Kit) for Nyah's Liberty Girls, which started at 12:30. Usually we don't have to cram the whole book into the morning before Nyah's activity, but this one was rescheduled to be a week early. We took about an hour break in the middle of the morning to work on some hummingbird feeders we are making, but these turned out to be more complex and less easy than the directions seemed. I'll be posting more on these at a later date, like when we finish them.

I had volunteered to help with Nyah's Liberty Girl activity, so I had to pack the whole house into my little red baby bag. Liberty Girls is 3 hours , which was a long time to be in someone else's house, but we had fun with all the girls. They do activities similar to those in Activity Days, and usually based on the American Girl books they are reading, as well as a book discussion and time to play together. Nyah really likes it, but most of the time I pick her up a little early because 3 hours can be a looooooooong time for her.
Playing in the backyard-

After Liberty Girls we had about 45 minutes before we had to leave for soccer practices. The little girls only had 30 minute naps, but it also meant they were ready for bed earlier. The next two pictures show a major difference in coaching styles.
Nyah's team seems to spend a huge amount of time listening to their coach lecture, which is like torture for Nyah. When I can watch her, she is bouncing from one place to the next- standing up, hopping on one foot, sitting down, kneeling down, sitting on her ball and so on. I bet it drives her coach crazy, but I wish he would let them run around and play!
On the other hand, Austin's team is always running around and doing some type of drills.
Nyah playing in the sand during Austin's practice-- and I just want to point out how totally cool Nyah is because she wore a SKIRT to soccer practice. You can't really tell in the pictures, but I LOVE IT!!
Jolie figuring out how to slide on her own. You can see I am about to jump in and save her from doing the splits, but she works it out on her own.

Olivia climbing the ladder on her own. (the boy shouting "everyone your going to die" in the background is Austin, he was playing tag with a groups of boys at the playground during Nyah's practice)


We got home about 6:45, and thankfully I had found ten minutes earlier in the day to toss a roast into the crockpot, otherwise we would have had pb&j's. I hadn't found the time to clean up the kitchen table (covered in plastic bottles, the drill, hammer and nails, 2x4 for hammering on, plastic red flowers, green pipe cleaner, dirty socks?, books, etc.) so we ate at the counter.

No comments: