Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oh, what was I thinking?

Today was my first ever piano recital. I have been taking piano lessons since the end of January, and decided to do the recital so my kids could see me play. And then when it came down to it, they didn't come in from the other room where there was a play area and cartoons playing. But overall it went well, in a horrible being-the-center-of-attention-on-stage-doing-something-completely-foreign-to-me sort of way.

For your listening pleasure- This is my favorite of the 3 songs I played (even though I mucked it up some).
And I'm totally bugged because it looks like my under-things are hanging out the back. Bother. I meant to do a test run before we left home, and have Kurt tell me if anything was showing so I could compensate in public, but of course in making sure all the kids were presentable it slipped my mind. Double bother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Kelsey!! I'm so proud of you for following through with this, even though you don't like to be the center of attention. And I thought it sounded wonderful--wish I could have been there in person. You go girl!!