It is very dark and cold at 5AM. I am very tired when I get up at 5AM. Olivia is very tired and cranky when she gets up at 5AM. I will probably get cranky, too, but so far I'm not too bad. The greatest discovery of today will be if I can work in a nap. Olivia is already taking a nap. Now if only Jolie will nap too, but, of course, Olivia woke her up at about 5AM, though she did go back to sleep after a short time, but so far she's not cooperating with nap time, which means she's laying in her crib crying right now instead of going to sleep. Nyah was also woken up about 5AM, but she went back to sleep too. She's pretty cranky, but there's no hope of getting her to take a nap. "Big girls don't take naps" she said--now I know. Just last week I thought, "I'm so glad my kids are sleeping good." Yep, I went and jinxed myself.
Firstly, Jolie and Olivia do not sleep through the night. I accept this as where our lives are at this time, even if I don't like it. My sleep wasn't perfect, but it was routine and I felt like I was getting enough. But following my smug thought to self, the world as I know it now involves crappy sleep. You would think I'd know better, but I guess not.
Wait . . . what's that I hear? No crying baby and two happily playing children!! I'm off to nap before this ends--good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment