Does anyone else get depressed by cookbooks?
I get excited about cooking and want to try something new so I look through a cookbook only to realize (1) I don't want to do anything with too many steps, (2) there are a lot of ingredients I don't stock up on (fresh fennel?), and (3) I hate the idea of making something that will lead to a huge debate with my kids just so they will try one single bite, gag, and spit it out.
(Warning - I'm about to whine) But I want to eat all the delicious food I read about.
2 comments:
Here, Here Sista! my friend told me about this awesome site called www.pioneerwoman.blogspot.com
she has photo tutorials on how to cook her recipes (thats why I love it) but warning she cooks with a lot of butter and cream. She is also a homeschooling mom. Lots of fun stuff.
I've learned to subsitute, when I don't have the ingredients and I make things up all the time and reinvent. Like if I know joey won't like something I leave it out, or leave it out of his part, or substitue it for something he'll like .... but I'm sure doing that for more than one kid would be hard ... so bad advice, huh?
Post a Comment