Super Wow!! Kurt and I have been married for 10 years, which is positively crazy to wrap my mind around. Sometimes it seems like our time together has flown by much too quickly and other times it feels like several lifetimes (for example, Olivia's one day in ICU horribly lasted forever!).
Kurt surprised me by taking the day off. In the morning we decided to take the kids to Thanksgiving Point's dinosaur museum, which I later realized is something we did last year for our anniversary.
In one hands-on part of an exhibit there were some large fans blowing up some clear pipes, and the kids could put things inside and watch them be blown to the ceiling and float down We had a great time tossing up papers, small paper bags, muffin & coffee liners, and sno-cone cups.
These skeletons are my favorites - they all look so wickedly happy.
Another favorite area is this place where the kids can play and experiment with sand and water. Kurt, Austin, and Nyah built a huge dam, diverted water to create a lake behind it, and then made flash floods to wipe out the unsuspecting dinosaurs.
At the end of the museum the kids can dig in the sand looking for dinosaur fossils.
Most of the kids were just playing in the sand, but Austin and Nyah were trying to uncover a dinosaur they found.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you guys got to go out and do some fun things. I was thinking about you on Friday, and I too was shocked when I realized you guys had been married for ten years....a whole decade! That's so great! Happy Aniversary and we love you guys!
(And...I'm craving wings too! I need my aniversary to come quicker...lol)
Post a Comment