Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Trees

I was thinking the past few days about how I won't get to visit my family this year, and I realized that means I don't get to see all the houses decked out in Christmas decorations. So I have a challenge for my mom and sisters-- take some pictures of your Christmas trees and post them for me to see, and then leave me a comment with the link. In fact, anyone who wants to share their Christmas tree is welcome! Here are some from my cousin Katie and my cousin-in-law Tia- love the trees ladies!!

I admit to chickening out when it came to decorating this year. We put up the tree and trimmed it, and I have spent everyday since picking up ornaments and putting them back on the tree, only higher, which is why the bottom part is empty.

We put a few things on the mantle, but not our stockings yet. We use some cute Santa statue hook things for our stockings that we didn't want our little girls pulling over on top of their heads-- no more head injuries!!! We'll hang them Christmas Eve.


I also bought a poinsettia this year, but I don't know why I torture myself with potted plants-- they start to wilt and loose their leaves because I forget to water them, so I water them and they perk back up only to be neglected again. Sigh.

P.S. to Karla- I changed the settings so you should be able to leave comments now.

UPDATE:
My mom has posted about her Christmas trees (yes, there has always been more than one!) and beautiful decorations. Check 'em out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is our tree:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22866466@N07/4207913424/

Kelsey said...

Thanks Jesse! its looks fabulous! I love all the houses around the skirt. It was good to see you for a minute last night. Love, Kelsey