So, in that past we've made the Chinese New Year a big deal, but this year it kind of snuck up on me, so we decided to go to Panda Express for lunch and call it good. Before the kids had even started on their favorite food in the whole world (orange chicken), they wanted to open their fortune cookies. Nyah, being typical Nyah, impatiently opening her cookie, tearing the fortune into three pieces in her great hurry. She puts it down and starts pouting, and asks me to help her. I pull out the broken pieces, line them up on the table, and it takes everything I have to not burst out laughing hysterically. Her fortune says:
HAVE PATIENCE- IT WILL BENEFIT YOU
I think it was just too much for her to hear "Be patient" from a fortune cookie. She burst into tears, and moved over to the next table, where she put her head in her arms and cried good and loud. She only came back to eat lunch when I told her she could have my fortune. I'm still laughing at how perfectly it fit the situation.
Austin's: JUDGE ONE NOT BY HIS CHARMS, BUT BY HIS QUALITIES
Olivia's: IMPORTANT EVENTS ARE IN YOUR FUTURE
Mine/Nyah's: YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO THINGS WITH AN EXOTIC FLAVOR
What's up with fortunes these days? I miss the days of getting a fortune like "YOU WILL HAVE GOOD FORTUNE IN THE FUTURE" or "BEWARE OF THE TALL, DARK STRANGER." Being attracted to things with an exotic flavor? Yeah, I'm at Panda Express eating chinese food, its not a big stretch to imagine being attracted to exotic flavor. Where's the mystery? the intrigue? Olivia's 2!!, of course important events are in her future. Her whole life is ahead of her. And I don't even know what to say about Austin's. Its not a fortune, its advice--Make good friends. And being told to be patient, after hearing it a dozen times a day from your mom for months is just plain wrong.
1 comment:
That was way to funny. I agree about the fortune cookies.
Post a Comment