I cannot even begin to describe how frustrating, annoying, depressing, and maddening it is to have broken my toe yesterday. I slipped on the stairs and fell on my big toe and pretty much crushed it. I went to Instacare yesterday and it is fractured pretty bad. I saw an orthopedic surgeon today and he was optimistic. It looks like it will heal on its own - as long as it doesn't start to crumble!! Can it do that? I guess so. I go back in a couple weeks for more x-rays and as long as it is healing well I won't need screws. But it will take 6-8 weeks before it stops hurting. In the meantime, it hurts a lot, I'm back on super-strength pain killers, and I get to wear an ugly boot for 2-4 weeks. And try to take care of my family hobbling around. Please tell me this is not my "new normal"!!!!Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Broken Toe
I cannot even begin to describe how frustrating, annoying, depressing, and maddening it is to have broken my toe yesterday. I slipped on the stairs and fell on my big toe and pretty much crushed it. I went to Instacare yesterday and it is fractured pretty bad. I saw an orthopedic surgeon today and he was optimistic. It looks like it will heal on its own - as long as it doesn't start to crumble!! Can it do that? I guess so. I go back in a couple weeks for more x-rays and as long as it is healing well I won't need screws. But it will take 6-8 weeks before it stops hurting. In the meantime, it hurts a lot, I'm back on super-strength pain killers, and I get to wear an ugly boot for 2-4 weeks. And try to take care of my family hobbling around. Please tell me this is not my "new normal"!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow! That looks painful! :(I hope it heals quickly, take your vitamin c.
If anyone can do it all, and with a broken toe, it's you. I'm so happy you might not have to have surgery!
i broke my toe like 3 months ago (i jumped out of the shower to answer the phone and slid into the cabinet foot first, ouch!) and I still get twinges of pain. Your is a lot worse but it still is horrible to wear the boot with kids to take care of. Hope your get better soon :)
Oh kelsey, I'm so sorry! that would terrible! I send my prayers of healing!
Thank you for all the well wishes everyone! I'm sure everything is going to work out, but its still annoying after the kind of year we've had. What am I supposed to be learning? Trust in the Lord!
I'm tired of the boot so today I'm trying one of my tennis shoes - not so bulky, a little more flexible, but still has some protection for all those little feet that keep stepping on my big toe. Who knew toes were so endangered?
Jill- I'd love to see the pictures of your sunflowers - Let me know when you put up pictures!
Kelsey
Post a Comment