Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blooming in the Yard

Because my little girls like to escape from the house and run away to the neighbor's trampoline, I ended up venturing outside for a few recovery missions, and spent some time examining our flowers and garden. Even though my mom graciously weeded for me a few weeks ago (thanks mom!), the weeds have returned. But we also have plenty of flowers to admire too! Daisies - happy cheerful faces!
My butterfly bushes - a favorite!!
Black Eye Susans
This one is called a Burgundy Gaillardia - daisylike flowers are a favorite too!
Icelandic Poppies - I love how these bloom different colors - pink, yellow, orangish
Lupine - love the purple and white!
My first sunflower!!! Check out all the bugs who are excited too! This one looks like an Autumn Beauty. There are lots more flower heads that are getting ready to bloom - I'm so excited to see all the varieties.
Orange Lillies

Now I just need to motivate myself to spend time weeding. That's a hard sell.

2 comments:

Jill said...

One of my sunflowers opened today too! I took pics, will post after I do some much needed things around the house, gotta pick up, do dishes, and one load of laundry. Then a blog break ;)

Your flowers are pretty!

Jill said...

I posted the sunflower pictures this morning :)

www.jillsgardenblog.blogspot.com