Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Catching Up . . . with US!!

So, we finally sold our house in Hurricane--HURRAY! And the search has begun for a new house (sigh). I dread the work involved with finding houses to look at, going to look at then, putting in offers and waiting to hear, then packing, moving, and unpacking. But hopefully it'll be over soon.

All our kids are doing great. I started school with Austin and Nyah probably about a month ago, mostly just math, phonics, penmanship, and reading, and we've slowly started adding in our other subjects like history and science. But things are going great. Austin reads everything he can find and he's thrilled he finished the first collection of BOB books (about 17 short readers) in about a week. Nyah, of course, feels left out and displays grand emotional outbursts to the effect, but she's really close to making the connections to reading on her own too. Olivia is constantly on the go. She loves going to the playground and slinding down the slides or sticking her hand in the sprinklers at the splash pad. Whenever we pass one in the car she begins pointing and exclaiming and gets adorably excited. Jolie is 3 months old and way cute. She's a very happy girl, smiling and cooing her days away.

Kurt and I are good, crashing on the couch after the kids are in bed and vegging to the Olympics. We love the Olympics.

1 comment:

Katie Fox said...

Your memory was awesome, I laughed out loud at that one. I had forgotten about that, our crazy teenager days they were fun. I am way into this blogging thing so now we can keep more in touch.
see you
Katie