I did my first half marathon in July with a time of 2h 26m.
I wanted to do another one, so I did the Big Cottonwood Half in September with a time of 2h 3m (follow link for pictures). I really pushed myself and if I had known I was that close to being under 2 hours I wouldn't have stopped to go to the bathroom. Seriously.
So I decided to sign up for another half-marathon so I could get a time under 2 hours.
Then my right hip, which has a history of being wonky, decided to be wonky again. I went to a physical therapist. I did not run for 3 weeks. I hobbled around my house, parks, stores, museums- you get the idea.
I did still play volleyball. Couldn't miss that. It wasn't pretty.
My hip was not cooperating. Boo.
So I ran the Provo Halloween Half anyways. And it hurt more than it should have.
My time was around 2h 21m.
I didn't push myself so I'm not very sore after this one. But my hip is still being wonky. Boo.
I'm going to say something I never really thought I would ever say.
I miss running. Sigh.
You can go to Zazoosh to see my pictures. My bib# is 4997. Before the race I decided I needed to do something besides look like I was dying when I saw the photographers. But being creative while running is obviously not something I should try. Thus the fist pump. Oy.
So I think I'm done for this year. Well, maybe I'll do a Thanksgiving Day race. But mostly I'm going to focus on fixing my wonky hip.
Next year - a marathon.
I don't actually care to ever do a marathon. I really like the half-marathon distance.
But Austin had the audacity to say I couldn't do one. So now I have to. Stinker.
No comments:
Post a Comment