Thursday, August 12, 2010

I love my sunflowers!

I can spend sooo much time walking to-and-fro in front of my sunflowers.
They are sooo entertaining for me. Simple pleasures :)
I love all the varieties - I've lost all my seed packets so I can't share the variety names :(
My first red sunflower of the season!!!



I love the sizes:
The tallest ones are probaly 7-8 feet tall.
This little one is only 6 inches high and hidden.
Sometimes they don't grow just the way they are supposed to-

I love all the bugs!
Spiders
HUGE grasshoppers
Bees

Ladybugs
What were my kids doing?
Jolie ate all the tomatoes we picked.
Austin, Nyah, & Olivia were having a Pokemon club meeting in the pirate ship with their friends.
Sophie was sleeping in her sling - too precious!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy and happiness--that's how I feel when I look at sunflowers--you are your mother's daughter!! I love that you love nature as much as I do!

Summer Miller said...

Your flowers look great. I am impressed. I am glad to know you like spiders. Next time I see some I'll let you have them!

Jill said...

Super cute baby pic. Love the flowers. Funny how the one grew with a petal coming out in the wrong spot.