Thursday, March 19, 2009

I feel like blogging . . .

So, I'll update everyone on how things are going today!


What would a day be like without tantrums? And Jo is one dramatic gal, her tantrums are something to watch. Well, I finally feel like I am getting better. There were a couple days when I thought "I'm going to be sick like this forever and that stinks." But St. Patrick's day I actually emerged from by sick-brain-fog to remember it was holiday in time to make our delicious dinner of corned beef and veggies (a family favorite--everyone eats it!!). Unfortunately, earlier in the day I was at the store wondering why everyone was wearing green a day early. Seriously, how dorky is that?

Yesterday I started catching up on housework (dirty floors and mountains of laundry- yuck), but I made sure I wasn't feeling well enough to work hard all day! Today my little girls are also finally acting like they are starting to feel better. That sentence didn't sound too definitive did it? Well, I'm still seeing plenty of above pictured emotions, but thankfully, we are getting some of the smiles back, as shown below.

To prove she is feeling better, Jolie has just emptied the bookshelves and trash can by my computer, all in the few mintues I have been typing. What a lucky mom I am :) I'm glad she can't reach all the folded laundry on the table, otherwise I'm sure it would be strewn all over the house. Olivia is napping, she went down without a fuss, which is still proof she's not feeling great, but she had a good morning. And Austin and Nyah are playing outside with their new friend, Ethan, who moved into the neighborhood a few weeks ago.
With the nice spring weather the kids are showing how much they enjoy being able to run and play again by eating us out of our house. They are always hungry!!! and I think they are eating twice as much food as a couple weeks ago. So if they've grown a few feet when we see you next, that's why. But it is sooo nice to have healthy, happy kids back.

Jo isn't walking yet. She's cruising along furniture, darting back-and-forth between couch and coffee table, and pushing things around, like the bike above, but someday soon she'll just take off!

No comments: