On Friday mornings we will be eating our breakfast when suddenly Olivia's head jerks up at the distant sound of a large truck rumbling into our neighborhood. She climbs off her chair and races to the front room, where she begins tugging at the blinds. I race in right behind her to save the blinds by pulling them up. All so she can watch the garbage truck as it drives up and down our street. The truck passes our house several times because we are at a "T" intersection, and every other week there are two trucks- garbage and recycling.
She is also the only enthusiastic watcher of the house being built on the street behind us, because of the big trucks they have been using-cranes, delivery trucks, cement trucks and more. Kurt and I are sad to be losing a chunk of our view.
Today, watching the truck pick up our neighbors trashcan from one window.

Dashing to the next window to watch the truck pick up our trash and on down the street.
Last week watching with Jolie.

Last week again

Good-bye until next week!
2 comments:
So, I didn't know that since you went to "private," your updated posts wouldn't show up on our blog. I just thought you hadn't posted anything in forever. I hadn't read your blog since "Curses on Sharp Corners!" I'm glad you're still posting stuff often and I'm glad I know about it. Your kids are awesome, by the way. Tell them that from me.
Okay...so sorry if I left you like 2 comments that were basically the same. Technical difficulties. Please ignore.
Post a Comment